The Preschool staff is led by Director, Joyce Guimaraes who has more than 40 years experience in Early Childhood administration. Each classroom is supervised by a Head Teacher who has expertise and specialized training in Early Childhood Education and who is assisted by trained assistant teachers.
All teachers have a minimum of an Associate Degree in Early Childhood or a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field with courses specific to Early Childhood.
All Assistant teachers have a minimum of a Child Development Associate Credential (CDA) or equivalent.
Mrs. Guimaraes has a Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education from Central Connecticut State University and a Master’s Degree in Developmental Reading from College of New Rochelle.
She is certified to teach Nursery through 6th grades.
Mrs. G, as she is affectionately called, has continued her education through attending conferences and courses.
She has a New York State Administrator’s Credential and a Level 3 New York State Trainer Credential.
She also is serving as a Quality Improvement Specialist for QUALITYstarsNY, New York’s new quality rating and improvement system.
For the past 35 years, Mrs. G has been an active member of the Westchester Association for the Education of Young Children (WAEYC), served as President for 2, 3 year terms and Chair for the Annual Conference and Spring Workshops several times.
Hi, I am Kathy Manera. I have been with the school for over 33 years and have taught 3’s and 4’s. My education includes a CDA from Purchase College.
– I am now the Office Administrator and enjoy working in the office and meeting so many of the families that enroll in our school. I have 2 grown children and 3 grandsons.
Hi, I am Zonia Flores. I am so delighted to be teaching the AM 2’s and Extended Day this year. I am a former elementary school teacher with a BS in Education and have worked at LAC for 17 years.
As a mother of 2 beautiful young ladies, I realize how important their early years were and strive to provide my students with opportunities to develop a love of learning.
I have lived in Larchmont for 33 years and love the community feeling that exists here at LAC, parents and teachers working together to provide the best experience for all our children.
Activities I love when relaxing include: reading, singing, dancing, camping and nature walks.
Hi, my name is Jeri Konskier. I have been working at LAC preschool for 19 years. I graduated form SUNY Geneseo with a BS in Speech Pathology and Audiology. I am married and have 2 children, both attended the Preschool. My daughter, Lisa, graduated from Indiana Univ and my son, Jason, from SUNY Binghamton. I can’t believe we are “empty nesters”. Thank goodness I still have my Shihtzu, Coco!
– I love going to arts and craft shows, reading- especially mysteries – and shopping. I teach the 4’s both the mornings and the Enrichment Program during the afternoon sessions.
Hi I am Lisa Umbro. I am so happy to be starting my 12th year as a member of the LAC Preschool staff. This year I am teaching the 5 day 3’s and the afternoon 2’s.
– I have been married for 26 years and have 2 boys. Mark who is 21 and attending WCC and Christian who is 16, loves football and plays on NR Varsity team.
– I have a CDA (Child Development Associate Credential) from the Council for Professional Development, an Assistant Credential and an Associate Degree in Early Childhood.
– LAC and my family keeps me quite busy, but when I have a free moment or two I enjoy baking.
Hello Everyone, my name is Joanna Angelilli, better known as “Miss A.”! After graduating Magna Cum Laude from Concordia College with a BA degree in Early Childhood, I went to work teaching 2-4 year olds in Rye Brook.
I left there 9 years ago I joined LAC staff, teaching the wonderful children here.
– At the end of the day, I look forward to spending time with my family and my sweet Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Francesca. My favorite pastimes include tennis, cooking, going to the beach, taking walks and spending lots of time with my 6 year old niece and my 4 and 1 year old nephews.
– I love teaching your children, it is so rewarding to me knowing that this is the beginning of their school experience. I will strive to make each day of their time with me a fun and exciting learning experience.
Hi, I’m Norma Galvez! I began here at LAC as an Intern from WCC. I am now starting my 3rd year at L.A.C. I have an Associate and Bachelor degree in Early Childhood and am working towards a Master’s degree. I have been in the field for 10 years.
My family includes 3 brothers and 1 sister, a dog and a cat.
– I love going out to dinner and the movies with my family and seeing new things. Looking forward to apple picking this fall!
– I look forward to working with the children and families here at LAC this year and helping them enjoy their experiences.
Hi, my name is Maria Hernandez . I did my internship for my Associate’s degree at LAC and have been in the EC field for 10 years. I love working with children and they make me smile.
– I come from a family of six; an older sister, 2 brothers, my mom and dad. I enjoy camping with my family, drawing, spending time with my friends and, whenever possible, visiting my family in Mexico.
– I am looking forward to working with all of your children and with your family.
Hi my name is Daniella Fois I am one of the new head teachers of the three-day 3’s. This is my third year at LAC and my 6th year working with children. I grew up in Mamaroneck and Larchmont and graduated MHS; I recently graduated Westchester Community College with my Associates in Early Childhood Education and am now starting a new chapter at Mercy College for my Bachelor’s and Masters in Early Education. I have a big family of six kids; five girls one boy along with two dogs and a guinea pig. My favorite things to do when I’m not working are watch movies, walk my dogs, hangout with friends and family and try new food places. I’m looking forward to a great year!
Hi, I am Nora Guzman. Time flies when you are having fun! I can’t believe it has been 16 years here at LAC and I still enjoy and love the children and watching them learn and grow. It brings me a feeling of contentment and joy.
– I am the mother of 2 grown children, each following their own paths to success. My grandson, Matthew is the joy of my life and he makes me smile every day.
– I have a Bachelor’s Degree, a CDA in Early Childhood and have worked in the city public schools before coming to L.A.C.
– I enjoy sewing, crafting and printing in my spare time.
– Looking forward to a great year with all the wonderful children and families at L.A.C.
Hi my name is Lucy Joseph and I was born in Antigua in the West Indies. I have been living in the USA for the over 20 years and working at LAC Preschool for the past 16 years as an assistant. I completed the course work and have a Child Development Associate’s credential.
-My daughter, Luana, was a student here at LAC years ago and is now in her Junior year at St. John’s University.
-I enjoy reading, love to shop and cooking. I have been coming to this school dropping off and picking up children for over 25 years, and I am very happy to be a part of the preschool staff.
Hi everyone, my name is Wanjiru Ngatia. I began at LAC nine years ago and am looking forward to working once again with your children and family.
– I have an Associate*s Degree in Early Childhood Education and a Bachelor*s in Psychology from Touros College. I am the mother of 2 wonderful boys, enjoy cooking , spending time with my family, bicycling and would love to travel.
– I am happy to be part of your child’s life and look forward to working with them and with you.
Hi, I’m Lynda Pasqua and I happy to be beginning my 15th year at L.A.C. Preschool. Working with the children throughout the school year and watching them grow and develop is such a privilege for me.
– My education includes attending Westchester Community College where I earned 14 credits in Early Childhood and the Child Development Associate credential (CDA) from the Council for Professional Development.
– I, myself, am the mother of 3 daughters, 2 of whom are also in the education field and a wonderful grandson, AJ. I love to bowl and anything that has to do with any and all animals, especially horses.
Looking forward to a great year ahead.